Friday, May 15, 2015

Lately...

Skyler just finished up another semester and got kick-butt grades. (I know, no shock there.)  He has been working at the PT office still & just switched to being there full-time for the semester. While also taking summer school. Basically, what I'm saying is I married a hard-worker. & I am so proud of all that he does, & does so well.
He will be applying for PT schools in July and by next year, early Spring, we should know where we'll be calling home for the next several years.  Part of us wants to stay here, where we've built our little life. I love my job, we have a place to live, Brews is comfortable and happy, & our life here is simple. This is where the three of us feel comfortable. The other part of us just really wants to be as far from here as possible--on to the next adventure and a new city and a new life.  A change of scenery sounds nice. Some days, we're sick of being "comfortable."  I think if we had kids, we'd want to settle down somewhere and be stable and make "safe" choices, but since it's just the three of us, we're okay with just about any adventure this takes us on.  Where we'll wind up is a total mystery for now.
Preschool ended for the year. My babies are all grown up. :(  They were cute at their program... Sang their songs nice & loud & (more importantly) looked adorable.  They were such big kids!! It was a whirlwind of a year but those kids were such good ones to have, my first year. I'm blessed.
Brews has been on a diet because he's chubby. Which is sad, because if there's something my baby loves, it's food. Sorry, fat man. He's been keeping busy barking at the mailman and watching for his bestie Rocky to come outside so they can be crazy together.
Other than that, we're just getting ready for summer; I'll be working 4 10-hour days while Sky works 4 days a week and does research one day a week and takes a couple summer classes.  (So basically, he hasn't slowed down at all this summer).  We're planning to spend a week out in Utah this summer when Bren comes home.  Other than that, we will probably be doing a whole lot of nothing, which I'm perfectly okay with.
That's our life, for now. Things are good; busy and crazy and hectic but good.

1 comment: