Thursday, June 12, 2014

{excuses}


I'm grateful for tough love.
I'm grateful for a husband who pushes me.
& I'm most grateful to be bettering ourselves together.

"A 1-hour workout is 4% of your day.  No excuses."
It's amazing to me the things we'll waste an hour doing.
Straightening hair.
Getting a pedicure.
Watching a TV show.
Playing a video game.
Browsing Facebook.
Window shopping.
Talking on the phone.
Pinteresting.
Watching YouTube videos.
Sitting around.

& yet, we, as a culture, "don't have time" to work out.
We "don't have time" for church.
We "don't have time" to serve others.
We "don't have time" to cook a healthy meal.

The truth is, we have time.  We choose not to do those things because we are human and it is 'easier' not to.  We look the other way and pretend we are doing our best when in fact we aren't.
& I'm totally guilty of this.  Absolutely.
& I'm grateful for a husband who pushes me to push myself past that; to get out of my comfort zone and do things that make me nervous & uncomfortable & better.  I'm grateful for someone who will do those things with me, & who never fails to remind me that {we can do hard things}.

No comments:

Post a Comment