Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lately, I've been thinking...






"Placing my head on my knees, I let the irrational tears fall unrestrained.  I am crying over the loss of something I never had.  How ridiculous: Mourning something that never was -- my dashed hopes, my dashed dreams, and my soured expectations."

Gratitude List:
*I'm more grateful for Skyler each day.  I'm more grateful for the life we've built together every single day.  I feel blessed that we married young--that we're growing together.  I'm grateful that he acts as my rock, my confidant, and my better half.  I'm grateful that he lays in bed naming our somewhere-in-the-faraway-future children with me.  I'm thankful that he works his tush off studying.  I'm happy that he is mine, and that I am his.  I'm blessed that he knows my heart and feels both sorrow and joy with me.  I'm grateful that he kisses my eyelids when I am stressed.  I'm blessed that he understands me the way that he does.
*I'm grateful for my sweet baby.  People are constantly telling me I treat my dog like a person which only leads to the question: how do you treat yours? I treat Brews like my baby because he treats me like his Momma.  & I love that sweet little fur-boy.  He gets me.  He gets my heart.  He snuggles me.  He loves me.
*I'm grateful for my job.  I know people who go to work and hate every minute of it.  I adore my kiddos.  I love teaching them.  I love their quirks and the cute things.  I love being told to "eat poop" and I even love reading "Barnyard Dance" 14.7 times daily (on average).  I don't mind changing their diapers because it means a few minutes of tickle time and one-on-one time, and I lovelovelove the success that some of my kiddos are finding in potty training.  I love being tackled 82 times a day and snuggling up to read a book.  I love having circle time, and watching them explore through arts and crafts.  I love seeing them express themselves.  I love that my kids are absolutely berserk, sometimes.  They are hilarious.  Little sumo wrestling crazies!  I have people I consider friends at work, who make the moments of insanity less insane.  I am blessed to get a ton of hours doing something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment