Wednesday, January 1, 2014

{2013}

& so we begin another new year.  A year ago right now, we were barely-married & just settling back in to our life together in Nebraska after a hectic Christmas break.  We were both full-time students, both working, and trying to figure out how the crap we were going to share a bathroom.  (Seriously, that was my biggest worry.)
A year later, and it's hard to believe it's really only been a year.  I feel like we've been married forever.  I feel like our life here, as it is now, is just my 'normal'.  It's hard to remember what it was like, before we were an 'us'.
In the past year, we lived in a teensy [awful, terrible, nasty, but FREE] apartment where we learned to really get along in a tiny space.  ;)  (& yes, that meant sharing a bathroom...)  I finished up my final semester at UNK and student taught.  Skyler put in about a jillion hours of studying and hard work which all paid off because his GPA is pretty awesome (I'll brag about it, if he won't.)  We drove back and forth to Utah 4 times in one year.  We moved to our current house (which means no more sharing a bathroom, which means an even happier wife).  I graduated with degrees in Elementary Education and English as a Second Language, summa cum laude, from the Honors Program.  We celebrated our first anniversary.

It's been a wonderful year; we've spent so much time laughing with each other.  I am so blessed to be his Mrs.

& since I suck at adding pictures, here's a glimpse at our past year.
http://flipagram.com/f/YhTYiUeKgL

No comments:

Post a Comment