Monday, September 30, 2013

{talk about your joys}


I'm feeling stressed. & grumpy. &, in all honesty, I'm creating things in my head to worry about that don't actually exist. I'm notorious for doing this. I freak myself out over something that doesn't exist, or that is in all actuality tiny. But, when I think about it, it's enormous.
& so I'm taking a break from worrying & crazy & doubt.  I truly believe that if we remember to not just count our blessings, but also say them, we will be happier. So today, I will "talk about our joys" and ignore the not-so-joys. ;)

--I'm married to a hottie. *swoon*  I mean, I married him for other reasons, too. I just can't think of any right now. ;)
--We have the Gospel. That's pretty sweet, in case you didn't know. I love knowing where I came from, what I'm doing here, and where I'm headed. I love feeling secure and being able to rely on One much bigger than me.
--I had a missionary who whipped my butt into shape.  I truly believe that the Lord knew exactly who and what I needed. It took someone with a bigger attitude and just as much stubbornness to help me take leaps of faith and learn and grow. He has been like a brother to me, & I'm so grateful for all that he has done for me.
--I got a sweet student teaching placement. I love the school, I adore the kids, and the veteran teachers are an absolute inspiration. Loveee it.  Literally, my dream job. No exaggeration. (*fingers crossed*)
--We have our needs more-than met.  I think back to the way I saw people living, when I was in China.  & it hurts my stomach & makes me so grateful, all at once.
--My Brewsie gives me surprise open mouth kisses err day. You can never have too many open-mouth kisses.
--Sky is hilarious. I love his sense of humor. I love that he's just as crazy as I am, and equally weird.  We are definitely meant for each other.
--I'm so grateful to be an American.  I know that some are not happy with the way the country is being run, and to be honest I don't agree with everything either, however I am grateful to be an American.  I truly believe this country is the best place to live in the world today.  I work with people daily who have not always been afforded all the rights and blessings we are accustomed to, as Americans.  We are so incredibly blessed. Truly.
--I get back rubs pretty much every day. Score!
--Dr. Pepper. That's all.
--I have a bomb family. Seriously. Be jealous.
--& my in-laws are just as awesome. Getting married only doubled my amount of family to love.
--I had the opportunity to travel and wander for awhile, and now I have the opportunity to settle down & be a family.
--I got a puppy. & he comforts me when I'm stressed or sad. (Ok, and sometimes he attacks me or steals my blankie, too. But he does it out of love. I think?)
--Skyler's little brother is serving a mission. I never realized how blessed I could be by someone else serving, but holy cow. I learn from his letters every week and love writing him to share things we're learning and ways we're growing.  I am so proud of him, and love that he has and continues to choose the right.
--I get to be in the Young Women's Presidency. & it's a sweet calling. I love every single second of it, and I learn so much from the girls each time we meet.  They truly have some of the kindest, most gentle souls (& are also absolutely nuts & hilarious & crazy, all in the best ways of course, & I love it).
--I'm so grateful for my education. Has it been a pain in the neck? At times. Has it made me a better person? Absolutely.
--I have some of the best friends in the world, who I can rant to about anything. Literally, anything.
--I'm grateful for the fact that General Conference is only six days away. I could use it today, but I can wait six days, too. :)
--I'm grateful for my bed. I love sleep so freaking much, seriously, it's ridiculous. Napping with Skyler is one of my favorite dates. I think that means we're eighty. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment